New in this travel and very scared

Pls what’s the significance of having HBeAG negative, and it’s speedily effect on liver disease like HCC, cirrhosis etc

How optimistic are you about achieving WHO objectives by 2030 given the latest drugs in development

Dear @CSKAY,

HBeAg-negative means that your body has mounted an immune response against hepatitis B. If there continues to be inflammation (high ALTs) and virus replication (HBV DNA), then this could signal an increased risk for liver cancer and liver cirrhosis.

I think the WHO objectives can be met with the current treatments we do have. We need to implement a lot of new policies to increase the number of people being vaccinated, diagnosed, in care, and (where needed) treated. While new drugs would help speed things along (particularly a novel cure), achieving the WHO objectives can be done even without them.

Thomas

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: EXPLAINER: Lab results and their interpretation

Hi everybody.
As I mentioned above, I have a prolonged APTT and I did tests and they found an elevated PFA, something about the platelets, has anyone encountered anything similar, the doctor tells me that maybe it is from hepatitis or tenofovir.

Hi @gvit, it’s hard to provide feedback on this without the specific results and your medical history. There can be multiple causes of this. It’s not clear whether it could be from the hepatitis, tenofovir, or anything else that you’re exposed to.

Thomas