What to eat, what not to eat for hbv patients

Hi
As I am learning to battle with hbv I would like to hear from members experiences and knowledge about what to eat and what is forbidden. Is it worth to continue consuming milk, dates and pumpkin because these are my favorite foods. Please advice.
Thank you

Hi @grongo, thanks for asking your important question. Living with a chronic condition like hep b is always a challenge and a good diet is valuable in protecting and maintaining the health of your liver. Although there is no specific diet recommended for folks like us, the general wisdom is to eat healthfully with more fruits and vegetables. To avoid fried, fatty foods. To avoid or limit drinking alcohol. Some advice has been to eat foods that reduce cancer risks such as “cruciferous vegetables” that include broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts. But if you don’t like these veggies or can’t access them, that’s not a problem. The primary goal is to eat the foods we all know are healthy! Your favorite foods sound wonderful and you should be enjoy them. If you had written that you craved french fries and hamburgers every day, then my personal advice would have been different. Thanks again and stay in touch! Always, Joan

4 Likes

Hi @gongo,

I agree with the points that Joan has shared. Everything in moderation, nothing is necessarily something you shouldn’t eat if you’re not allergic to it. Milk, dates and pumpkin sound fine.

There is also some discussion about other aspects in this thread: Lifestyle changes, nutrition, and supplements for hep b

Thomas

2 Likes

Thank you Joan for your valuable comment and advice

Thank you @ThomasTu , As I am keeping learning I will change link.

1 Like