INTRODUCTION THREAD: People affected by Hep B

hello i just want to ast if i can be able to work in japan if i am hepa b reactive?

Hi Nueza,
Welcome to the community! In regard to your question, it is difficult to know unless you contact the Japanese embassy. You could also contact employment agencies in your country of origin as they may have more infromation about this. I have had a quick look at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan Website and I cannot find anything regarding whether you are able to work in Japan if you are hep B positive.

So im really sad and frustrated… My heartcare provider wont do any Hep B test on me and only did some reugal blood test first to see if there was a reason to do any hep b test after…

I did blood test 21-06-2023 and now I did more at 13-09-2023

Blood test at : 21-06-2023

[C-reaktivt protein [CRP] - 13
Bilirubiner;P: 9.5
ALAT: 22
[Laktatdehydrogenase [LDH] : 210
[Basisk fosfatase;P] : 89
[Amylase;P] : 48

Blood test at - 13-09-2023

[C-reaktivt protein [CRP] - 1
Bilirubiner;P: 4.8
ALAT: 16
[Laktatdehydrogenase [LDH] : 140
[Basisk fosfatase;P] : 69
[Amylase;P] 55

Is Bilirubiner;P: 4.8 not really low?

But end of the day cause of this blood test my heartcare wont do any Hep B test, but he sent me to a liver ultrasound scanning on the liver this thursday since I said I had upper quadrant pain 3 weeks ago.

So I dont really know what to do… I got it ALOT better, only have some small pain some days, notthing serious now… if I have Hep b, can they see anything on the liver ultrasound scanning? or is that just waste of time…?

Thanks
Nicklas

Hi @Nueza,

My understanding is that people with Hep B can still work in Japan (@wataru, could you please provide your opinion here?). However, the working visa may be associated with health checks and I am not sure if hep B would be an issue. As Mylisa mentioned, it is worthwhile contacting employment agencies, ask the Japanese embassy, or research more on the visa process.

Thomas

Dear @nick0912,

I am glad that you’re feeling better, but it sounds frustrating that you are unable to get a test for hep B. A heart doctor might not be the best person to ask for a hep B test, have you tried a general practitioner? Hep B tests can also be provided at sexual health clinics or blood donation services.

Thomas

Please how can I start managing my health now that I am hb??

Hi @Faprego3030,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. There are many ways to manage your condition:

1. Monitoring: people with Hep B should have regular monitoring of their liver function (blood test) and sometimes to check liver damage (fibroscan test or blood test). This should be done at least every 6 months or more regularly as your doctor suggests for your condition. If you are prescribed antiviral treatments, take them as directed.

2. reduce other causes of liver damage: this means limiting alcohol use and eating a healthy diet.

3. healthy living and maintain a good attitude: Sleep well, exercise well, keep strong relationships (friends, partners, family, colleagues) and stay positive! This helps mentally and is reflected in your physical health.

Hope this helps
Thomas

1 Like

Hello Thomas.

Is sadly not that simple here in Denmark. I have a regular clinics where there is like 10 docters, and is not always the same you get every time, I have been talking with 4 different docters cause I wanted to hear others opinion. Even due I told them all my symtoms and pain, they all saying that my bloodtest is fine and if I had a acute HBV I would have alot higher CRP, LDH and ALAT, so they see no reason to test me for HBV.
Lucky I got one to send me to a ultrasound, but only cause he might think it would be gallenstone? So im going to that Thursday.

Is kinda frustrated… cause I can almost just feel they think im crazy cause I called so many times allready.

And there is not that many sexual health clinics that doing test everyday, is like 60-90 days wait time, but I could sign up for blood donation mabye? then they need to test me for HBV.

Hi @Nueza ,
People with Hep B can still work in Japan regardless of the type of job. I am a Japanese worker with hep b. However, I am not sure about visa and immigration rules if you are asking about them. In my opinion, I do not think that hep b could be an issue in the process of obtaining a work visa. You should ask the Japanese embassy or consulate about it.
I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Wataru

1 Like

Dear @nick0912,

Yes, it might then be worth asking a blood bank. I’m not familiar with the Danish system, but it might also be worthwhile trying to find out your Hep B status as through requesting a STD panel as a regular check.

Thomas

I dont think it help to request a STD panel as I asked to get testet for HBV many times now… and as HBV and such is not part of a STD panel here.

The blood bank might be the best option unless the Ultrasound Scanning show something tomrrow.

But I have one question, I know that you are not a doctor and Im not too… But every where I read on the internet, if is Hep b foundation or any other place. (I almost watch all the echo series too on the youtube lol :O))

Acute HBV means = High CRP, ALT, AST, LDH,and if high Bilirubine = Jaundice

As my blood test from 21-06, Only CRP / LDH was only a little elevated, but still right outside the “Normal rage” and ALT remind normal, same as bilirubine. and now on latest blood test, ALT went even more down from 22-16 and CRP, LDH is back at normal. So I dont even know what to said any more.

So my Question is. Are there ANY hold in this 2 blood test, CRP and LDH wich was elevated that could indicate a HBV infektion?

Hi @nick0912,

The only way to really be sure is the Hep B panel (HBsAg, anti-HBs Ab, anti-HBc Ab). Nothing else specifically rules in or rules out Hepatitis B infection (acute or chronic).

Thomas

1 Like

Hello @ThomasTu

Thanks for your reply as always.
Yes, i Will try to Call My doctor again next week as i Got joint pain and “lever” pain the last 2 days… but is more in the right side i have joint pain than the left? I Think that is Werid…

This is the result from the Ultrasound thursday.

Ultrasound of the upper abdomen:

The liver looks normal in shape, size and structure. The gallbladder is seen thin-walled without stones.
Neither intrahepatic nor extrahepatic dilated bile ducts can be detected.
Both kidneys, spleen and pancreas are seen inconspicuously.
The aorta abdominalis is usually seen calibrated, in the parts that can be visualized.
No enlarged retroperitoneal glands can be detected.

Hello @nick0912
I’m not a doctor or scientist but reading your ultra scan results, your liver seems normal.
One of the professional members will contact you soon.
I know during my journey of HBV . If I got any pain or illness, I would immediately think it was a symptom of my liver getting damaged. I’m not saying that’s what your pain is, just saying, that’s part of my experience.
After having HBV for forty years, I have learnt that liver damage rarely has physical symptoms. Hepatitis B virus initially makes some people feel sick, aches of joints, fever flu type symptoms. But if you become a carrier or chronic, meaning the virus hasn’t cleared. Symptoms are rare. That’s why the disease is dangerous. Because by the time you get physical symptoms, your liver is severely damaged.
I hope I’ve helped in some way.
Blessings

2 Likes

Hello Caraline.

Thanks for reply! The docters worte back today aswell for my blood test if you saw them ?

[C-reaktivt protein [CRP] - 1
Bilirubiner;P: 4.8
ALAT: 16
[Laktatdehydrogenase [LDH] : 140
[Basisk fosfatase;P] : 69
[Amylase;P] 55

And they said both the blood test and liver test is normal so they wont do furter for now… wich I feel odd for :frowning: But still happy that my liver looks fine so far…

To buttress your point @Caraline hepb is scary but it is very manageable.though it can be stressful…i discover I have hepb few years back and I started the channel for treatment.i started with tenofovir300mg and the side effects where terrible.i had serious complications but I didn’t give up.i change my doctor and we started another medication and presently am on entecavir 0.5mg and am doing good.am married with kids too.my test result are all good.am saying this just to encourage fellow member that hepb is not a dead sentence try and manage it. look for a knowledge doctor and be proactive.

1 Like

Update on my journey… I got it really bad the last 2-4 days, with heavy pain around the liver and Muscles… and not eating… heavy pain, and is still there even If I take painkillers… cant do much more than laying in the bed. Im gonna call the doctor in the morning, as I need them to do something about it now. Now they must take me serious… I cant wait anymore with the pain.

I have 3 Questions for the people.

1: If is Acute HBV, Can it sometimes be more than 6 months? lets said 7, and still resolve?

2: If is going over to chronic, will the symtoms go away when I start on treatment? or is the symtoms only in the “acute” phase" or for life as I have now??

Im really afair to be diagnosis with HBV… but im more afair if i have to live with this symtoms for the rest of my life, and the worst of it all, the stigma…

I thanks again for your time, and hope I get a reply <3

Im really out of my self right now…

Hello @nick0912
Why do you think you have hepatitis Bvirus? Is your sexual encounter with the girl the only reason you think you have HBV?
Because if that’s the only reason, your chances of contracting, HBV are quite low, unless you had violent sex. I have read your previous post, and the only reason I can see that you ccould have contracted. HBV is from the sexual encounter that you had. I’ve had HBV for 40 years. I had a husband who wasn’t vaccinated against HBV. We had unprotected sex on numerous times before he was vaccinated against HBV.
I’m sorry for all the pain and frustration you are going through. Pain is so debilitating and sucks the life out of you.
I hope you have a diagnosis of your illness and are treated quickly.

2 Likes

Hello Caraline.

Thanks for the reply. Yes that is the only reason i could see i got it… oral sex without condom, and sex with condom…

I dont know what it else should be, with alle the symptoms so far. Only time Can tell…

I got a time tomrrow with the doctor.

I just dont understand…

But some part of the day i feel “fine” with minimal pain, and then a other day or part of the day the pain and sickniss is just a other world. Looks like alot of flares is happening atm.