Why do we need a Hepatitis B cure? What are the benefits for patients? - HBV Cure FAQs

This is part of the new video series - HBV Cure FAQs: All you need to know to understand HBV research.

The HBV Cure FAQs are a new tool aimed at empowering the community by equipping them with the knowledge needed to understand research for a Hepatitis B (HBV) cure that is taking place for their benefit. It is a collection of short videos answering key questions relating to HBV cure research.

It is a product of an international consortium of organizations and expert institutions working in and around hepatitis B. The organizations involved are ICE-HBV, Hepatitis B Foundation, World Hepatitis Alliance, HepBCommunity.org, Australian Centre for Hepatitis Virology, TherVacB, IP-cureB, and the Canadian HBV Network.

In this video, World Hepatitis President Danjuma Adda answers the question: Why do we need a Hepatitis B cure?

5 Likes

Dear Dr. Danjuma,

I am also one of the person who workup every morning with fear of hepatitis b progress and looking for sign and symptoms. Sometime I just too much worries about the complications and life threatening condition.

I lot a lot of hope like getting a scholarship, working in place of my dream job, enjoy occasionally party with friends and family ( inmy mind is just still worry) not able to communicate with other people in full capacity and many more.

Yes, my voice as one patient who living with Hepatitis B I do really need a cure. I am willing to participate to do whatever possible to contribute to the cure.

Best Luck to you and everyone in the HepB community

3 Likes