Why coffee is important to hepatitis B patients?

Coffee has been found to have several potential benefits for individuals with hepatitis B, including:

1. Liver Protection: Several studies have found that coffee may help protect the liver and reduce the risk of liver disease progression in patients with chronic hepatitis B.
  2. Antioxidant Properties: Coffee is rich in antioxidants, which help to protect the liver from damage caused by free radicals and other harmful substances.
  3. Reduced Inflammation: Coffee has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation in the liver, which is important for patients with hepatitis B as inflammation can worsen liver damage.
  4. Improved Insulin Sensitivity: Some studies have suggested that coffee consumption may improve insulin sensitivity, which is important for patients with hepatitis B as they are at increased risk of developing insulin resistance and diabetes.
  5. Reduced Risk of Liver Cancer: Studies have also found that regular coffee consumption may reduce the risk of liver cancer in patients with chronic hepatitis B.

However, it is important to note that coffee should not be considered a treatment for hepatitis B and should not be used as a substitute for medical treatment. If you have hepatitis B, it is important to work closely with your healthcare provider to develop an appropriate treatment plan.

5 Likes

Thanks Shaibu for the update to us

2 Likes

Wellcome. Im here to save our humanity

4 Likes

I can’t get to work in morning without 2 cups of coffee… I don’t add sugar and cream…

All benefits for coffee is without cream and sugar!!..

4 Likes

Can we get the same benefits if we drink with cold water. Presently i live in a hostel so i dont have the luxury of hot water.

Coffee reduce risk of cancer for almost 35%.

Yes i know that,i am asking will we get the same benefit with cold water.

My understanding is that the large studies showing the benefits of coffee did not ask whether people drank cold brew or not. It is hard to say one way or another.

Thomas

1 Like

Does it have to be black coffee as to not have the added sugar?

Hi @Michaelmike223,

My understanding is that this protective effect occurs with both white and black coffee.

Thomas

Sure thing. The most important is to have at least two cup a day