Upcoming conference (FREE) - CHRONIC HEPATITIS B: FROM THE POPULATION TO NEW MOLECULES AND BACK

Dear all,

Please see here for registration details of an upcoming virtual conference about Novel Hep B treatments, set up by the American Association for the Study of the Liver (the major liver research/hepatology group in the US). It will take place March 12-14 online (10am-1pm Eastern US time each day).

They have organised for world-class scientists and clinicians to give lectures and panel discussions. Best of all, it is free registration for the Hep B affected community. I encourage any of you who want to find out more about the virus to register.

Cheers,
Thomas

1 Like

Thanks Thomas for sharing this link. I didn’t read far enough down the announcement that I received to realize it was free. Wow!! This is a great opportunity for patients and those who care about hep b to hear from the leading experts about the clinical treatments and new drug options in the research pipeline. To those on this forum, please try to listen to some or all of this very interesting workshop. It will be very helpful to know what is on the horizon for those of us waiting to stop taking an antiviral every day and knowing that we have achieved at least a “functional cure.” The new drugs in the pipeline are promising a functional cure in that we will lose the hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg), reduce our viral load to undetectable, and significantly reduce our risk for liver cancer - all with a treatment that will be of a limited duration (in other words, maybe a year but certainly not a lifetime like the current drugs we have available). Always, Joan

3 Likes