Tinea versicolor

Is any one can help understand this sign in relation to Hep B infection?
I have been living with this for many years before I was diagnosed with Hep B infection in 2017,I treated it for several times but tend to disappear and than reoccur

Processing: 0D51708B-B037-4186-BB9A-0579323445AD.jpeg…
Processing: 464C7BC7-725D-4886-89A9-156F5C415442.jpeg…
Processing: FEA58604-058F-494D-8F4D-D03BFED87FDC.jpeg…
I try to upload the pictures but fail
But the sign looks like tinea versicolor

Dear @saidnuu,

I am not aware of any connection between tinea vesicolor and HBV. The diagnosis of this is outside the expertise of the forum, unfortunately.

Thomas

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback

Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with tinea versicolor. The dermatologist prescribed me fluconazole 150 mg. I asked him if it was safe for me to take it and he didn’t seem to know to answer. Im a chronic carrier on entecavir. Does anyone know if it is safe to take fluconazole 150 mg?
Thanks and much appreciate any help.

![IMG_2668|639x500](upload://1ZYTB0bDeJQjbGF4h66UmMGSs5n[quote=“Living, post:4, topic:3569, full:true”]
Hi there, I was recently diagnosed with tinea versicolor. The dermatologist prescribed me fluconazole 150 mg. I asked him if it was safe for me to take it and he didn’t seem to know to answer. Im a chronic carrier on entecavir. Does anyone know if it is safe to take fluconazole 150 mg?
Thanks and much appreciate any help.
[/quote]

.jpeg)

Hello @Living

Good question

Going to need the help of the scientists.

They should be able to answer your question

soon.
@ScienceExperts @ThomasTu @availlant

Hi @Living,

This is more within the expertise of @PharmacyExperts or your local pharmacist.

Thomas

@Living There is no known drug-drug interactions between Entecavir and Fluconazole (medscape). However, you may experience some mild to moderate side effects like nausea, vomiting, Abdominal discomfort, headaches, at varying degrees but not of any serious concern.
Also, Fluconazole can elevate the liver enzymes, especially the ALT that is of great importance in hepatitis B. But since it’s going to be for a short period, you’ll be fine taking the prescribed Fluconazole together with your Entecavir.
If any of the above side effects occur and becomes of concern to you, do well to inform your Dr. I hope this helps.

1 Like