The Influence of short/long-term starvation on hepatitis b?

It’s not the viral you look at . It’s your surface antigen HBVs <100 to be called functionally cured . You can still developed cirrhosis or HCC.

Hi @Mila,
Some studies have shown evidence that fasting especially intermittent fasting has health benefits. I am not exactly sure if this link (it effect on HBV viral load) specifically has been studied or explored though. Great question. Bansah1

1 Like

@Ccheng8346 ,Hopefully I’m not going to anytime soon :slight_smile: …it’s just since there is no cure for chronic HBV, viral load is the only thing I can manage and be in control of, still something …)

@Bansah1, I just wish the cure will be available in some foreseen future…

1 Like

I agree. There is a lot of work being done on this. Let’s remain hopeful, that it happens soon. Thanks, Bansah1.

1 Like

The best you can do is to exercise and maintain your ALT in the teens like 15, 16 stay below 25. The next 5 yrs will be exciting to find at least a functional cure. Not all HEPA B become cirrhotic or developed HCC depends on the viral genotype

1 Like

I’ve just moved this question to a more appropriate existing thread. Please see above for the responses on this topic.

Thomas

@Ccheng8346 Thats for sure! Also I find stress much more harmful than a bad diet and lack of exercise for the liver, and very hard to maintain mental stability these days….