A couple days before I conducted a routine screening of my Hepatitis B status (lab results are attached). The viral load (quantitative DNA) or PCR is “not detected”. After seeing my lab result along with the PCR result, the doctor told me to stop taking Entecavir for one month. He said after one month we will reassess, if the viral load was still “not detected” then we will conduct another PCR after 3 months, if it was still “not detected” then will conduct PCR after 6 months and will continue so on. My question is that, if I quit taking Entecavir, will a relapse occurred? If occurred, will Entecavir suppress the virus again?
- I was diagnosed in 2014 by chance with chronic Hepatitis B, with viral load (PCR) 38,000,000 IU/ml
- The doctor put me on Lamivudine
- After six month the PCR result was “not detected”. The PCR result is “not detected” up to now.
- After that the doctor switched me from Lamivudine to Entecavir. I am taking one 0.05mg pill of Entecavir from 2014 till now.
- My blood pressure is always high like 140/90 sometime 130/85, but I am not taking any medicine for it.
- I have a poor sleep
I am looking forward for your kind advice!