Rx vs. Generic, is one better than the another?

Hi y’all,
Hope everyone here are doing well.
I am wondering if our experts might be able to tell me if there’s a huge difference between generic and Rx drugs? I recently switched to Mark Cuban cost plus drugs for buying my antiviral because our local pharmacy is charging has been charging our insurance (Medicaid) almost $1400 for my 30 day’s supply of Rx brand Entecavir, and no discount for cash pay.
I did not realized that Mark Cuban’s cost plus drugs only sells generic. Does generic drugs works the same as Rx? Every input will be appreciated. Thank you

Perhaps the pharmacists (@hope4us, @Patricia, @Prince_Okinedo, @Cornelius) or @john.tavis can provide comment here, but as far as I know the active ingredient in generics and Rx drugs is exactly the same.

1 Like

Thank you Thomas. I have reached out to my pharmacist friend and she explained the same thing you’ve said. I appreciate your input . Have a great weekend

1 Like

I don’t know if it related, but saw a news article about mark Cuban and his drug site. For those that do know him, he is a self made billionaire who is also a humanitarian???(idk). But he does the shark tank here in the USA and owns a NBA team.

It’s called cost plus and offers cheap medicine for all.

1 Like