My journey with virus

Hbv affected in my life iam medical laboratory techniction When I apply for a job outside my country, this disease is a handicap for me Before entering any country, virus checks are required I hope to present research in the final elimination of the virus. I have used a mixture that contains honey from bees, given that we as Muslims stated in the Holy Qur’an that it cures all disease
At the beginning, after persisting on honey for more than three months, the rate decreased from 735 to 630, after two years it decreased to 32

3 Likes

Dear Alaa thank you for sharing your story with us. I am very sorry to hear that you’re facing discrimination based on your hep b diagnosis. It’s a frustrating experience for many people. Just so you know, to immigrate to the US there is no requirement to document a hep b diagnosis; they only ask about hep b vaccination. In regards to the honey, I’ve never heard of that working, but glad it’s working for you. Not sure it’s something would be helpful to everyone, but as long as an alternative remedy such as your honey is not harmful, then why not. Thanks again and hope to hear more for you. Always, Joan

1 Like

I was saddened to ear that you are unable to utilize your full potential because of the descrimination you persistently experience.
However I am happy for you that you decided to refocus your strength in finding a solution that might extend to someone else. Kudos and may Allah bless the work of your hands.
Hope to hear your progress soon you are through.

I remain yours
Kinoti.

2 Likes

How does the whole documentation of hepatitis b virus work, if you have hepatitis b? Would your doctor prescribe you to get the vaccine if he already knows you have hepatitis and would be totally useless, except for having papers.

Also if you’re of age. Right now you can probably get your records online or something if your younger, but let’s say you’re 40 years old or older, coming upon vaccinate records are not easy and almost impossible if your from another country

2 Likes

Hi @NeptuneJ,

For chronic conditions in general, it is difficult to keep documentation over your entire life. I have gotten in the habit of asking for copies of my results each time, so that I can bring them to a new health provider if necessary.

In the best case scenario, there is a handover of notes or a referral, but I would think that that doesn’t usually happen for the majority of people. The new doctor would probably end up repeating the tests and taking your history to fill in their notes. Doing this should let the new doctor know whether a vaccine is necessary or not.

TT