Immune system and Hepatitis B Virus

Hi all.
I am Cosmin Oprea from Romania and I am an independent researcher focused on the response of the immune system in hepatitis B infection, I wrote an article that has new ideas about what happens to the immune system in hepatitis B.
https://www.imedpub.com/abstract/immune-system--hepatitis-b-virus-36906.html

3 Likes

Welcome to the Forum!

John Tavis

2 Likes

Thanks Cosmin-Oprea for sharing your recent publication. Just wondering about this sentence in your abstract: “The presence of MDSC in new-borns makes Hepatitis B chronic over years with both antigens present in the blood, HBs and HBe.”

I understand that HBs is hepatitis B surface antigen and HBe is the hepatitis B e- antigen. But what is “MDSC”?? Sounds interesting. Thanks again, Joan

1 Like

Hi Joan. MDSCs are a category of immature cells that fail to differentiate into cells with useful functions. These cells spread in many conditions but also spread during pregnancy in both mother and fetus to successfully tolerate pregnancy, but ironically all these cells will lead to a chronic viral infection if there is contact with the virus hepatitis B of the baby during pregnancy. These cells have the ability to inhibit the response of the immune system cells involved in hepatitis B. It is a short publication this article, I sent the full article, an extended version in which I presented the relationship of the immune system with hepatitis B in known phases of hepatitis and a possible approach of functional cure with existing drugs.

2 Likes

Thank you John Tavis. Glead to be here.

Hello everyone,

This updated article is addressed both to the research community and to people affected by hepatitis B.

I consider that especially the people affected by this disease are entitled to read this article, to be informed and to have opportunity to ask questions.

This is the link with my updated article published last year.

Following the invitation to participate in the contest Research Showcase 2022, open to all types of research, from basic science to social science, I wanted to register, but to my surprise, my application was rejected.

My research is made to support public health. My work started for a personal reason, in order to understand the immune system’s response in preterm neonates infected with hepatitis B, because I believe that some situations can provide us important information in our aim to understand the disease and find a cure for hepatitis B.

I would like to emphasize once again how important it is to ensure protection against hepatitis B by vaccinating newborns at the right time.

Thank you

1 Like