High viral load and being intimate with some one who is vaccinated against hepb

Hi,

Not so sure if this has been answered already, but the question is, if your viral load is high can you be intimate with some one who is vaccinated against hepb ?

Or should you first get your viral load down with medicine first and then get intimate ?

How long does it take to get viral load down with medicine ?

Br,

Hi @hepb1

I’m not an expert but have lived experience, 40 years +
My understanding is it doesn’t matter if your levels are high. As long as the person is fully vaccinated against HBV.
They may need to have a blood test to check that the vaccine is still effective. There have been some cases where the vaccine has failed.
Are you receiving treatment from a doctor? Are you being monitored your liver? Can I ask why you’re levels are high?
Might be none of my business you don’t have to answer. But I am concerned that your levels high.

1 Like

Hi @hepb1,
Caraline is right. Just to emphasize the partner must be fully vaccinated to be protected. If not, transmission is more likely to occur. Each person is different. Some people can see their viral load drop in little as few months, others could take close to a year or more. Our bodies process medicines differently. Best, Bansah1.

1 Like

What test can the vaccinated person perform to know if the vaccine is still active???
Thanks

hello.

The anti-hbs test detects antibodies against virus b. through it, checking the other results, the effectiveness of the vaccine can be verified. I say this because you can develop antibodies without being vaccinated. That’s why it’s important to have a complete overview to know if you have the antibodies from the vaccine or from exposure and “functional cure”.

I hope it helps to clarify.

Do all hepatitis b patients get cancer??? And no what can one do to avoid liver cancer???. Am worried of the feature than my current infection

Not everyone with chronic HBV will develop liver cancer. Those carriers who develop cirrhosis are most likely to develop liver cancer (hepatocarcinoma). That is why it is important to regularly follow up with an experienced doctor and carry out blood and imaging tests to prevent the progression of hepatitis. And even for those who have already developed cirrhosis, it does not necessarily imply that they will develop cancer. There are many factors at play that our experts can explain better.

Furthermore, I would like to share my experience with you: I was diagnosed a year ago and, unlike most people with chronic HBV, I feel discomfort in the liver region (sometimes more, sometimes less). and the fear of having cancer often prevented me from experiencing the gifts of today. So, if I could give you some advice, it would be this: don’t allow the fear of a probability to paralyze you to the point of missing out on the gifts of now. follow up, be careful, but don’t stop living.

strong hug

3 Likes

Thanks dear @la.sciamachie. this adds me much hope for a feature. If I could only rise up my two daughters to the age of self-reliance, the rest of the years would be a life bonus for me lol.

2 Likes

@Opa
You can raise up your daughters. I have had HBV for 40 years.
Eat healthy food. No fried food . No smoking or drinking alcohol. Anything that isn’t good for your liver.
Exercise
Be happy
Get six monthly check ups, blood test and ultrasound. So if there is a change it can be treated beamy damage is done.
Treatment is usually one tablet a day for life.

2 Likes

40 years from birth ???

Hello, Good evening

I got diagnosed of HBV two years ago and I about to get married in a few months, my partner has just completed his dose and is set to take the titre value test next month but he’s afraid of not meeting up to the value and if we could still get married.

Would he need to take a booster dose or start another series of dose again?

Thank you all.

Hi @Pipi,
Welcome to the community. He can get tested after a 1-2 months of receiving the last vaccine dose. I don’t think he will need a booster right at this moment as it can take a few weeks for antibodies to develop. Just a waiting game. Best, Bansah1.

1 Like

Thank you @Bansah1

I appreciate.

1 Like

From the age of 20years old

Hi @Pipi,

If the antibody level is still low at the time of testing next month, a booster dose can be given and he could be tested again after that.

Thomas

1 Like

@ThomasTu thank you very much. I really hope the antibody level is okay because we plan to get married by September.

I really appreciate your responses :pray:

2 Likes

Dear @Pipi,

Best of luck with your wedding. I will add that there are other ways to reduce the risk of transmission (e.g., antiviral therapy, minimising blood to blood contact, barrier protection during sex) that can be applied even without the antibody results. Perhaps your wedding can still go ahead if you agree to practice these.

Yours sincerely,
Thomas

1 Like

Hi @ThomasTu the anti-titre result came out and it’s 7.5 so I suppose he would have to get a booster dose?

We’re also wondering what could have gone wrong with the vaccine?

It’s so tiring :pleading_face:

As regards the antiviral therapy, I’m on Tenofovir since April.

Please, I would also like to know the possible reasons why the vaccine did not get to the required titre value of 10 and above after getting the three shots.

Thank you, I would be looking forward to feedback.

Hi @Pipi,
This happens at times with some people and it is not due to the vaccine or their fault; but rather it is our body producing antibodies in response to the vaccine that sometimes does not manufacture enough (antibodies). A booster is a great idea. Best, Bansah1

1 Like