Hepatitis B and Immigration/visa issues

Hi @tommy,

Welcome to the forum!

I think this depends on which country you are planning to work in. The country’s migration website should have more information on this.

Thomas

i want work at australia mr thomas

I want get visa working holiday at australia mr thomas

We have had several members on the forum get even permanent residency even if they have hepatitis B. My expectation is that Hepatitis B would not prevent you from getting a working visa. Others on this website may share their experiences.

Thomas

1 Like

did you easily get work permit ? if i have negative pcr do u think that i might get it?

Hello, everyone, I am a newcomer with Hepatitis B (normal liver function, virus load is about 750 IU/ml). Thanks for building this forum and I find it really helps a lot.

I am planning to apply for German dual system ( Dual vocational training system), but I am worried if employers will shut me out because of Hepatitis B? Will there be problems with visa or applying for German permanent residence? I really want to move to Germany.

Hi @Forrest,

Welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, I have Hep B and worked in Germany with no problem with my work visa.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

1 Like

Many thanks, Dr. Thomas Tu, could you tell me the process of medical examination? Once the doctor find a person with Hep B, will he/she tell the employer?

1 Like

Hi @Forrest,

This is addressed in a previous post:

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Got it, Dr. Thomas Tu, thanks.

1 Like

Hi All,

I am a new to this site.

I have hep b positive but healthy carrier currently in Australia.
Looking for a hospitality job in overseas but i am concerning about restriction on hep b

anyone know which county will allow work permit visa for hep b carrier

much appreciate for your advice

Dear @kazma81,

Thanks for the question. There are many countries that allow Hep B patients to work (e.g., EU, USA, etc.)

Thomas

1 Like

Thanks Thomas for your reply

Any Asian contourites for the visa

Hi Evans, how are you ? Hope you are doing well. I saw your experience about PR in Australia. I’m at the same situation, next week I’ve got the appointment for the Health examination and i feel a bit stressed and scared. Do you mind to share a little bit more about your experience, like your Viral load, ecc ecc.

Thanks in advance

Hi Thomas
Do you know any Asian country allow a work permit with Hep b condition

Dear @Kazma81,

I have no experience in going to Asian countries for work permits. The first place you should visit is the country’s government website. If not much information is there, I would try to contact Hepatitis organisations in that country for more detailed local information.

Thomas

Hello @S.N , thank you for these words, I feel so relieved, I have been trying for long to find a reply but I am grateful that I have got it at last. My inquiry is you have advised that we should keep our health status confidential to employers, should I also keep our health status confidential from embassy people as the process to move to Germany started and soon I must present medicals for the visa application

How can I go about it because the doctor said that I don’t need treatment at the moment, I have know my status since I was 18 after our little brother donated blood and was told he has hep B that’s when the entire family was tested and it turns out that we children have but our parents are negative, up to now it perturbs us how it came about

I am looking forward to your reply, thank you Dr @ThomasTu for this platform

1 Like

Hi Beni,
Are you located here in Australia? Anyway, i met with my Doctor in Hobart where i resides at the time of my application. And i got a supported letter from my doctor which explained my health situations and he did suggested that he doesn’t think there will any issue as i have been able to manage it very well.
At the time my viral load was lessthan 2000IU/ml, i think about 1800IU/ml. The letter was attached in my visa application. I was never asked to do any other health check, but my visa outcome took a long waiting period…
I wish you all the best…
Good luck

1 Like

Hai
Ar u under 6 category job .

Hai Olga u working under 6 category or other … bcs u report undetectable hbv . Can pass visa for uae