Hep B Recovery signs

I got diagnosed 3 months ago, Then i was placed on medications which i used for 3 weeks then i stopped using ever since i noticed most of the symptoms are no more e.g yellow eye, feeling sick, lost of appetites e.t.c
Expect yellow pee which is once in a while.
Here is my question

How do i know if as an acute hepatitis b patient it’s recovering ? Are there any signs? And How true is it that 90% of adult recover from hepatitis b or it’s just a rumor?

@ThomasTu pls i need yojr help on this
Or is there possibilities that I’ve recovered? Cause i was only considering the yellow pee that i haven’t

Dear @temitope_victor,

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Hep B can be a chronic infection, and the current mediations cannot cure the infection, only suppress it. Also, just because you do not feel symptoms doesn’t mean the virus is still not there.

It is not recommended to stop taking medication without your doctor’s advice, as this can lead to even more dangerous consequences (e.g. your liver disease flaring and becoming worse). The only way to know if you have cleared the virus is to be tested for HBsAg and anti-HBs antibody.

Thomas

1 Like

Alright Thanks @ThomasTu

1 Like