Constant fear of transmitting the virus

Thanks so much for taking your time to clarify this. I will share it with the Group

1 Like

Probability of transmission would be very low if the lesion has not yet ruptured because there would be an intact layer of skin over the blood supply to the lesion. Regardless, avoiding contact with HBV+ blood whenever possible and getting vaccinated against the virus are always good approaches.

John.

2 Likes

All these worries do suck. My youngest scratched me with his finger nail pretty bad. The scratch didn t look too bad in the beginning and then 15miniutes later, it looked bad. Visible open cut, but no blood. I use liquid bandage for some cut and still have stay away from me moments.

Also had a hang nail on my toe and ripped it off and my big toe started bleeding so got a band aid on my toe also.

I went through months without a cut and this week, got 2 strikes.

Thanks doctor John
I know that dried blood is infectious but the problem is that not the surface with dried blood I am worried it’s the surface that touches that dried blood
In hospital here there’s low standard care so sometimes the blood my be on floor and it may touch my shoes some times it will be on chair and I don’t see it as it’s dot stains not very large spill and this may be my short my phone any thing so will should I always bleach them or it’s hard for dry surfaces to make non infectious surfaces infectious

Thanks you Dr. What if one pull one or two pubic hair with his hand but no physical injury And after 12hrs hbv+ blood spill on the place the he pulled out hair,is there chance of transmission @ThomasTu @john.tavis @availlant @ScienceExperts

Is this a real question?

1 Like

Dear @Godsown,

I’m not sure that this can be answered with any confidence as I don’t think the appropriate scientific evidence exists for this very specific event.

Thomas

1 Like

Dear @Mohammed_Yassin, it really depends on how much dried blood is transferred and without knowing what the materials are, how much blood, how high the titre, etc., I hope you can appreciate it is very difficult to provide you with a specific answer with confidence over the internet. We can only say that transmission through touching surfaces is usually a low risk and can be managed by disinfection - as mentioned in the posts above in this thread.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

1 Like

Thanks doctor Thomas for your help
I am sorry for my ocd directed questions :sweat_smile:
The amount of blood is not much may be some drops I think It will be less than 1ml
The hbv dna I can be assured as I don’t have blood sample of it
The dried surface is a medical Crocs (clogs) and I am not worried about the Crocs as I won’t touch it I am worried about my bag that was near that crocs and the crocs was resting on it

It’s a 4minutes doggy style sex is the chance still negligible? So sorry sir if this sounds weird @ThomasTu

Dear @Godsown,

With barrier protection and vaccination, such exposures present a low risk of transmission or infection.

Thomas

Thank you so much sir. At this point of the incidence I described the individual has not been vaccinated but used a barrier method. I asked earlier You said the chances of transmission is negligible so I’m kinda giving you more details about the scenario so I will be sure @ThomasTu @ThomasTu

Good morning sir. I understand my question can be recurring and that’s annoying, that’s one part of the emotional roller coaster ride of hbv world. I will try to lessen asking.please sir answer my question please. Most learned Professor Thomas Tu @ThomasTu

@Godsown
Going by your story I would say no. There is no blood involved, you use protection. There were no wounds but I’m not a doctor. I have had HepB fo 40 years and done lots of research.
When are you getting your results? Because getting tested is the only true way of knowing.

2 Likes

Dear @Godsown,

There is no absolute number I can give you for risk in every single situation as the number of variables are so high and experiments to find this out just can’t be done ethically. If the blood (or bodily fluids) to blood contact is minimal, then the risk of transmission is minimal. If the viral load is low, the risk is even lower. If the person exposed is vaccinated, then even more so. This is all the information that is reasonable to give with the research that is out there.

However, as @Caraline says, the only way to really be sure is to get tested.

Thomas

2 Likes

Thank you sir @ThomasTu. It’s been a while, hope everything is fine with you? God bless you.
Any news about the drugs in pipeline?

Thank you for the concern, @Godsown. We are simply working hard in the background to keep the platform running into the future and we have also been busy running the lab to develop new diagnosis and cure approaches.

The drugs in the pipeline are all well updated on the HBF drug-watch page (Hepatitis B Foundation: Drug Watch).

TT

@ThomasTu Thank you for the link. I went through the table and I would have a quick question if possible:

I’ve been aware for a while now about Bepirovirsen, which some articles say that it might be in the next coming years our best shot for a functional cure medication.
But I did not know about HeberNasvac (also called CVP-NASVAC in some articles), which seems that in the Phase II it had some promising outcomes in the subjects.

Can you or other sci. experts out here give us more information on this medication and if it’s something we should keep an eye on?
Another related question: by going though the two articles below, I understand that CVP-NASVAC is only aiming for the HBsAg reduction, so if one is already on (for e.g.) Entecavir anti HBV-DNA treatment, they should be taken together, is that correct?

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/hepr.13851

Thanks in advance for your response!
– Mihai

Hi @Mihai_P,

Both of these new therapeutics are quite interesting and their underlying mechanisms (antisense oligos for Bepirovirsen, therapeutic vaccination from CVP-NASVAC) are promising based on the best available data. In both cases, they will likely be taken in combination with the existing nucleoside analogs (entecavir, tenofovir) or some other viral replication inhibitor. Clinical trials addressing this issue will give the answers.

John.

Hello and thank you for your answer @john.tavis.

I just found out today thay my HBsAg value is 35496 IU/mL. So far since March this year when it was discovered it stayed around 3000 S/CO.
I wish this medicines will come out as soon as possible and help people like me to take down the values close to 0.

Honestly I still wait for the HB-DNA result to come, but my healthcare provider already told me that the HBsAg value of 35496 is bad. So I don’t know how soon “as soon as possible” should be for me to matter, and before my liver get irreversible damaged.

Thank you again,

• Mihai