Call for research participants ($50 reimbursement for time)

Calling for research participants!

Research Study Title: DIVERSE EXPERIENCES AND UNDERSTANDINGS OF IMMUNITY IN THE PANDEMIC AGE

Researchers at UNSW are conducting a project about explore how Australians from specific social, community and industry groups experience and understand immunity in the age of global pandemics, such as COVID-19, MPX (Monkey Pox), influenza and other respiratory infections). Questions may also include your views and experiences of vaccinations. Findings will contribute to better understandings of how recent major infectious disease outbreaks have influenced these communities’ meanings and practices around immunity, specifically concerning disease management and prevention and the role played by health communication, public health, and community support initiatives.

The research study is looking recruit people who meet the following criteria:
• Currently living in Australia.
• Aged 18 years or older.
• Able to speak English fluently
• Living with Hepatitis B

Participants will be asked to complete the following research activities if they agree to participate:
• Online or Telephone Interview that will take approximately 30-45 minutes to complete.

A full description of all research activities, including any risks, harms or discomforts that you may experience while participating in this research is included in the Participant Information Statement and Consent Form that will be emailed to you. You will receive a $50 Coles-Myer e-voucher to reimburse you for your time.

Please contact the following person via email or phone to register your interest in taking part in the research:

Name Dr Kerryn Drysdale
Position Research Fellow
Telephone02 9385 6142
Email k.drysdale@unsw.edu.au

If you have questions about the research and would like to contact the Chief Investigator, please contact the following person:

Chief Investigator
Name Professor Deborah Lupton
Position SHARP Professor
Telephone02 9385 6669
Email d.lupton@unsw.edu.au

Thank you!

Thanks for posting this great opportunity for the affected community to be involved in research (and to be paid for their time in answering surveys), @k.drysdale.

To everyone on the forum, please do participate in these studies if you can. The knowledge will help the scientific community to fight the impacts of Hepatitis B.

It also helps HepBCommunity.org; if the sector sees that this is a useful way of reaching out the affected community, they are more likely to support us, which will help us keep running and helping out more people affected by Hep B.

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi all

Just doubling down on this call for research participants, as we are keen to start data collection as soon as possible. I would love to talk to people about their thoughts on immunity (whether or not it intersects with hep B diagnoses), so please contact me on k.drysdale@unsw.edu.au or (02) 9385 6412 if you are interested in participating (and a $50 voucher is provided as small compensation for your time).

Thanks
Kerryn

Thanks Kerryn,

I’d like again to emphasise how important participating in research is to improving the affected community and this is a great opportunity to do so if you can.

Cheers,
Thomas

Hi everyone

Happy New Year!

We are still welcoming people living with hep B who are keen to do a paid interview with us on their experiences of immunity and risk. I’ve had the pleasure of conducting some from this group - really fascinating discussions. And we’ll co-create a biological life course timeline as part of the interview, which I can share with each participant; they are a really great way of plotting down all those interrelated experiences of health and illness.

Please reach out at k.drysdale@unsw.edu.au.

Best wishes,
Kerryn

Hi everyone on this fab forum, just letting you know that we are still seeking a few more participants for this study, so if you were thinking about it, please get in contact with me at k.drysdale@unsw.edu. A small token of thanks is also provided ($50 voucher), but the interviews have been really fun to do!

Thanks so much!
Kerryn

1 Like