ALT 68, should i be worried

Hi guys after few months of finding i have Hap B, and did blood work. Result came n my alt went from 54 to 68. Should i be worried. I do drink alot of sugar coffee but no alcohol

Hi @Kg7656,
68 is a bit high but not at the point where you have to worry. When it is above say 200, then it will be concerning. As long as you do not have any symptoms showing a problem with your liver, I won’t worry too much about it. These numbers can fluctuate from time to time, and as long as it is not super high, do not worry. But make note of it so you can keep an eye on it. I hope this is helpful. Bansah1

Got it ty. Anything i can do to reduce this? Or is it random.

Hi @Kg7656,
This nature, not much you can do about these enzymes. Take care of yourself, avoid alcohol, eat healthy, exercise if you can, avoid stress etc are things one can do for overall health but nothing for these liver function tests. Hang in there, Bansah1.

Slight increases in ALTs are OK, but if it is higher than normal over a long period of time, then it would suggest liver damage. So it is important to maintain monitoring and get regular blood tests to make sure everything is OK.

Lifestyle changes as suggested by @Bansah1 can indeed help, but one of the most effective ways of preventing the damage associated with HBV is antiviral therapy. If you are eligible for this, then it is worthwhile considering it.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

2 Likes

Ty for the advised. Also regard8ng treatment,My docter wants to hold off on giving me treatment because i am 25 and medication is for life. She wants me to do check up and blood work every 3 months. Once starting treatments, she said , i can never stop. So since i dont have dmg on my lever she want to hold off on the treatment

3 Likes