How are you dealing with COVID?

Hi colleagues,

i would want to put this across and what are the chance of exacerbating Hep B with COVID19 infection.

did anyone come across this, that we may have proper information on?

kind of concerned if there could be risks associated with it.

Was infected with covid19 and tested negative a week after, i was just worried so i did a LFT realized my AST and ALT went up.

hope to hear from you.

Cornelius

1 Like

Dear @Cornelius,

Great question. I think there have been descriptions of SARS-CoV2 infection causing increased ALTs levels though the studies I have seen are from people hospitalised with COVID19, so severe disease (https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/hep.31326?casa_token=zRkmkjWXt3wAAAAA%3AShoPVx1C9VjtHxX7R5va-LPn-Cb2KL4sdTQ6cpCU-3zsq1CAdXf6oumKy7FAbklJ9zWi9sASaNFzXBwDvQ).

But I am not sure that this necessarily means your HBV is getting worse. Perhaps some @HealthExperts could share their recent experiences in the clinic (@rgish, @MarkDouglas, @simone.strasser, @PLampertico, @Suwang88).

Cheers,
Thomas

1 Like

Just from a regular person with hepatitis b, I m not too worried about. I only wear a mask on the train when I go to work. Other than that, I m not too worried about covid

1 Like

Thank you @ThomasTu,
I may have to agree to the fact the ALT and AST could increase with tissue injury, i have experienced muscle aches and continuous low grade fever lasting for 4 days during and post covid, and I’ve tried at times to refrain myself from getting acetaminophen but couldn’t help with the fever. currently physically and mentally am getting back to regular activities.

Out of curiosity i decided to do a LFT and realized the rise esp to ALT and AST, i do hope to hear more from our community who have fare knowledge on it.

Thanks

1 Like