Hepatitis b mutant infection please help

Hi, man!
Dont worry! I was hep B chronic since 3 or 4 years of age. Now I am 41 and finally my infection is gone! In 2022 I got spontaneously (without treatment) converted from BHsAg positive to BHsAg negative and I have antibodies to surface antigen.
If this thing didnt kill me after almost 40 years then it will not kill you either. Actually the virus itself does not kill or damage anything. It is your own high immune response that kills liver cells. Things go bad only after many years of inflammation caused by continuous and unsuccessful immune response. If you have high ALT and AST for many years without break, then there is something to worry.
In your case virus is not in active state judging by your tests, so it is either kept in balanced check by your immune system or is being sucessfully eliminated. More test are required to ne sure.
Be heakthy bro!

3 Likes

Hi @availlant

I got my blood work done recently and here were the results
Hbeag still negative but bcp and precore mutation detected
My viral load has gone down in 3 months from 16600 IU to 5050IU. I havent done hbsag quantitative till now but have scheduled it on next 3 months.
The viral load going down with relatively normal ALT 14. Is that good sign? Or does everything ultimately depends on hbsag?
My doctor recommended we continue to monitor and take actions only if it rise. If it falls below 2000 then no actions.

What do you suggest?
My Ultrasound and fibroscan detected f0-f1 fibrosis

1 Like

Hi @Ash_Malhotra ,

Its hard to think of starting therapy with normal liver function and declining HBV DNA. Here HBsAg decline is also a good sign if you start to monitor it. HBsAg loss defines functional cure when it is accompanied by undetectable HBV DNA and normal liver function.

You doctor is following current guidelines.

Best regards,

1 Like

Congratulations @Eastwood37
I love to hear a news like this

2 Likes

Hi Osmanmusedahir,
I just got diagnosed with hepatitis B during my medicals as I was preparing to move to Australia to study masters in Nursing. I Feel so down and cannot trace how I got the hep B. I have no symptoms. The doctor working with the immigration ordered Liver function tests, and they came out Norma.
I am scared that this could affecy visa since y will be studying a course in healthcare.

Hello Sang.

Have less worries. We have been there and coped with these shocks. Hep B is a viral disease and you can live with it.
It needs an understanding and acceptance to live with it.

Let me know if you are in Kenya and want to have direct communication.

Regards

2 Likes

Hello,
Thank you so much for your response. Yes I am in Kenya, I really appreciate your words of encouragement.

1 Like