Hepatitis B and Immigration/visa issues

Hello everyone,
I got my visa to Australia after being diagnosed with hepatitis B during my medicals. I thought it would be nice to share it here and give hope to someone. I am going to study masters in nursing
The process was scary especially after diagnosis,but thanks to this group, i got alot of information here.
After diagnosis, i was requested to do LFTs and viral load. LFTs were normal and VL was 162.
I was then asked to sign a health undertaking, and soon after I got the visa grant.
I pray that we all get to achieve our dreams, and may hepatitis B never be the reason we get denied of opportunities.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your expertise in the matter @jennifer.maclachlan. I’m sure this will help allay some stress.

Fantastic news @Happysang! I wish you all the best in your studies and thank you for bringing hope to others with your update!

Thomas

1 Like

Hello I am in the same boat. About to apply for provisional PR visa but scared of my hbv status. I m following you.

Hi Lovely,
I’m still waiting for the visa outcome, however, i got S56 message demanding for another police clearance certificate but no request for health certificate.
I will update you once the visa is out.

2 Likes

Hi Evans

Thanks for your mail. I am too worried about my hbv status . I m diabetic too. But fortunately my hbsag is negative. Buy my core antibody is positive and LFT high.

Looks like your medical went through if you are just waiting fig the visa.

Are you applying for 190?

Thanks

Hello sir, please can someone with hapetitis b virus load of 124ul
And copy of 734 get US visa

Dear @Yanik_Adjei,

I’m not sure about the US immigration policy. Perhaps @chari.cohen or @Suwang88 could provide educated input here, or know someone who could.

Cheers,
Thomas

The US doesn’t screen out people with hepatitis B during immigration process or for visas thankfully

1 Like

That is correct, thanks, Su! You will not be asked about your hepatitis B status for a visa to the U.S. And the U.S. has legal protections for people with hepatitis B, which is good news! For more, you can go here: Know Your Rights » Hepatitis B Foundation.

1 Like

Hi everyone :wave:t5:
My name is Lindah I’m a Nigerian and I’m also an hepatitisB carrier I want to travel to another country to further my studies… please I want anyone to give me suggestions on which country I can go with my status.,.

Dear @Lindah,

Hepatitis B should not prevent you from getting a study visa for the EU, US, and Australia, as per the other replies in this thread. It’s best to read the specific entry and visa requirements for other countries that you are interested in studying in.

Thomas

3 Likes

Australia is a good place you… I had thesame problems but i am so happy i have been able to get my visa. I hope this helps…

1 Like

Hi Lovely, i am so happy as i have received my visa. I hope you will get yours soon…

1 Like

Well thank you very much Evans
I really appreciate
I’m so happy for you :blush::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Thank you very much Thomas
I really appreciate your reply :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks…
I wish you all the best, and hope you will get your visa soon…

2 Likes

Hi @Gracee, am happy that you got Visa at last. Please can you tell me the viral load on your second test , i.e after the 3 months. Am also aspiring to study abroad.
Thank you

Hi @ThomasTu, what of Canada?

Dear @Agibaby,

Others on the forum with hep B have been able to move to Canada and work: Interruption in antiviral treatment after moving country

Thomas

1 Like

Thank you @ThomasTu . This was really helpful :blush:

1 Like