Hepatitis B and Immigration/visa issues

Hey people, as I see you all, you all are very positive with your life. I am very new to this one. I don’t know from where I got contracted to this one. None of my family members have it.

I recently got married and got to know about this after my marriage. I wanted to know, if here is someone who is hep B positive and living in Qatar, or someone who can help me in knowing that hep B people are given visa in Qatar or not.
Feels great to see people like me and still staying so positive. I will definitely need to learn from you all

1 Like

Dear @IWillBeCured,

I am really not sure about the laws in the Czech Republic. It would be best to get into contact with a licenced migration officer to clarify this.

Thomas

1 Like

Hello Thomas . First of all thank you for having me in this group.

I’m indian citizen. My husband work in newzealand country. He have work visa in newzeland . We are trying to apply for partnership work visa. I want to know if my hepatitis b positive will affect my visa…or i will get the visa. ? Kindly reply back as i’m really broken knowing that i’m hepatitis b positive and i’ll not be able to have visa. And didn’t have chance to have family with my husband.

My doctor di my elisa test it came 20. DNA report is 341 ul/ml report…my mother have it. But she also don’t know about…and don’t have any knowledge about it. I don’t know if i have vaccination of Hepatitis b in childhood.

Thank you

Dear @Surbhitiwari,

To be sure, you should contact a licenced migration officer to discuss your case.

The rules regarding visas are listed here: Acceptable standard of health criteria for visa approvals | Immigration New Zealand, stating “We may decline your residence visa if you, or somebody else on your application, have any of the following conditions: Hepatitis B-surface antigen positive and meeting criteria for anti-viral treatment in New Zealand.

My interpretation of this (which may be completely wrong and may be dependent on other aspects of your health condition) is that with a HBV DNA level of 341 IU/mL, you would NOT meet the criteria for antiviral treatment and so this exclusion criterion doesn’t apply.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Hello thomas thank you for your reply… is there anyone in the group who are from newzeland and help me with this

This is my report

I am going to persue my master’s degree in australia but i am worried that it will affect my visa and i have been living with HBV for more than 3 years. What do you suggest mr.tt.

Hi @Sangye_Tashi,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your question. I’ve moved your post to a more appropriate thread, as mentioned in the posts above, HBV in itself does not necessarily prevent the passing of a visa.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

2 Likes

Thank you for your quick response. I have been trying to know whether there is people who grant their visa even they are experiencing with HBV.

Yes, @UyenV, @lien.tran, @Nafisa.Yussf all live with HBV, have come from overseas and live in Australia.

TT

2 Likes

Very thank you and its means a lot to me for my carrier. Is there anyone who grant visa from bhutan , mr. Tt.

Ah, I’m not sure actually… Happy for others from Bhutan to jump into this conversation.

1 Like

I am very worried about my visa since last 3 years, now i got good plateform to share my feelings.

After getting hap id do they check our blood sample for visa process.?

2 Likes

I think @Ugyen and @eemnace0904 were going through this process, perhaps they could provide a bit more information.

TT

2 Likes

So far i am not having any medicine as console by my doctor. Is there any other way to take care my HBV ?

I think making sure that people close to you are vaccinated and doing things that are helpful for general health (eating well, sleeping well, regular exercise) are probably some of the best things you can do to take care of yourself.

Thomas

1 Like

Yes mr. Tt i am doing what you say. Can you tell me symptoms of HBV, how will i happens to know when its active?

I am not sure about Qatar but I have recently passed blood tests to get work permit in UAE. As I understand the legislation is close in these two countries.
I am 2.5 years on tenofovir with undetectable DNA now.

Hi. I am a chronic HBV carrier. Recently I got the student visa of japan. Will I be denied for work visa or green card in japan for my Hepatitis B virus infection? Hoping your kind reply. Thank you.

1 Like

As far as I’m aware - when applying for a visa, Japan immigration only requires a blood result for Hepatitis C, but not for hepatitis B.
At least this was the case when I’ve applied for a Japanese visa around 10 years ago (time flies!). Things could have changed since then. It’s best if you check for requirements on a Japanese embassy website.

1 Like

Hi @Sangye_Tashi,
You can tell if it is active from blood results. Many times, your liver can be damaged without any symptoms, so it is important to keep monitoring your condition with lab tests.

I agree with @mantana and checking up on the Japanese immigration website specifically.

1 Like