Hepatitis B and Immigration/visa issues

Dear @Agibaby,

I expect you can find out more information from the Finish website, but I would also have thought the health checks are similar to the rest of Western Europe given they are part of the EU.

Thomas

Hello I am new to this communityšŸ„¹ I am hbv carrier since i was born. My concern in can I still be an au pair in Germany and study there? I am worried if they will terminate my contract or visa for having it. Thank you.

Dear @Easygrayl,

Thanks for the question and welcome to the forum. I worked in Germany as a scientist for 4 years and have chronic hepatitis B. I didnā€™t have any problems as they are pretty strict about health data privacy.

Cheers,
Thomas

2 Likes

Thank you so much I am very enlighten about this!:face_holding_back_tears::heart: so can I be a nurse there someday?

Thank you @ThomasTu.:heart:

Dear @Easygrayl,

Please see this thread for more information about studying nursing: Should I give up my nursing study?

Thomas

Hello, we read your forum and listened to responses. My husband is Heb B carrier with low count and no treatment. We got a letter from the top liver consultant in the UK privately and we have submitted this letter with our permanent residency application. We got our visa one month later in Oct 23

1 Like

Great to hear, @Maggie007! Thanks for sharing your experiences and Iā€™m sure itā€™ll provide hope to those going through similar things.

Thomas

Hello,

Thank you and I donā€™t think my post landed in the right thread but I did not know how to place it there.

Regards,

Magdalena

1 Like

Hello Thomas, let me introduce myself, my name is Tommy, I am a hepatitis B sufferer. I want to ask whether I can get a working holiday visa if I have hepatitis B?

Hi @tommy,

Welcome to the forum!

I think this depends on which country you are planning to work in. The countryā€™s migration website should have more information on this.

Thomas

i want work at australia mr thomas

I want get visa working holiday at australia mr thomas

We have had several members on the forum get even permanent residency even if they have hepatitis B. My expectation is that Hepatitis B would not prevent you from getting a working visa. Others on this website may share their experiences.

Thomas

1 Like

did you easily get work permit ? if i have negative pcr do u think that i might get it?

Hello, everyone, I am a newcomer with Hepatitis B ļ¼ˆnormal liver function, virus load is about 750 IU/mlļ¼‰. Thanks for building this forum and I find it really helps a lot.

I am planning to apply for German dual system ( Dual vocational training system), but I am worried if employers will shut me out because of Hepatitis B? Will there be problems with visa or applying for German permanent residence? I really want to move to Germany.

Hi @Forrest,

Welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, I have Hep B and worked in Germany with no problem with my work visa.

Hope this helps,
Thomas

1 Like

Many thanks, Dr. Thomas Tu, could you tell me the process of medical examination? Once the doctor find a person with Hep B, will he/she tell the employer?

1 Like

Hi @Forrest,

This is addressed in a previous post:

Hope this helps,
Thomas

Got it, Dr. Thomas Tu, thanks.

1 Like